There’s nothing more impressive than experience. Joe Leoni is a respected attorney at the Trenti Law Firm who focuses on helping personal injury and wrongful death victims fight for compensation for injury expenses and losses. He was recently awarded the impressive mile-stone of 35 years serving Northern Minnesota as a Civil Trial Specialist and personal injury lawyer.
He’s earned/maintains the AV Preeminent rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. The Av Rating is the highest possible rating given by Lexis-Nexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review for a lawyer and is established wholly on a peer-review basis. The AV Preeminent designation signifies that attorneys have been rated by Judges and fellow attorneys as having the highest possible rating for legal abilities and ethical standards.
The “AV Preeminent” rating is awarded to less than five percent of all attorneys across the United States and is the highest rating offered by the Martindale-Hubbell Law directory. The Legal Ability Rating indicates professional ability in a specific area of practice and is based on five key areas: legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication ability, and legal experience. The General Ethical Standards Rating denotes adherence to professional standards of conduct and ethics, reliability, diligence, and other criteria relevant to the discharge of professional responsibilities.
As a personal injury lawyer, Mr. Leoni stresses the word “personal” the most. He develops relationships with his clients and takes immense pride in standing up for the injured. When you meet with Joe, you can take the weight of the world off your shoulders: he’ll make sure you’re treated fairly and fight to get you the settlement you deserve.
Clients have described him as follows: “ He is the Conductor of the Orchestra. He directs all aspects of the case, he knows every note and how to harmonize the entire case into a perfect presentation to the listening audience. In his world that would be the Judge and Jury. He does his homework and is always prepared and ready to represent his clients zealously.”
Leoni is Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Specialist. He has concentrated his practice on personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Joe graduated from University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, with a major in speech communication. He received his law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul-1984, and has been a member of the bar since 1984. He also holds a Super Lawyer designation, and is a former Board of Director of the Minnesota Association of Justice and has been appointed by the Supreme Court to serve on many advisory committees throughout his career.
Trenti Law Firm provides a full range of legal services to clients from its offices in Virginia, Hibbing, and Ely. Areas of practice include: Personal Injury, Family Law, Business Law, Real Estate & Land Use Law, Estate Planning, & Administration, Criminal Defense, Employment Law, Consumer Law, Government & Municipal Law, School & Education Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Practice
- Criminal Practice
- Minnesota, 1984
- U.S. Federal Court, 1985
- Mesabi College athletic Hall of Fame. 2017
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Laurentian Comm/Tech College
- EMT-P – 2000
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- B.A. – 1981
- Major: Speech Communication
- B.A. – 1981
- Raze vs. Mueller, 1999, Minn., 587 NW 2d 645
- Klapmeier vs. Ebel, 2010, MN App., 2010 WL 2732049
- Jane Doe vs. IDS 2154, 2010, MN App., 2010 WL 3545585
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Inver Hills Community College, MN, 1987 to 1989
- Paramedic Guest Lecturer, Mesabi Community College, 2000 to Present
Honors and Awards
- Top Related Lawyer in Personal Injury Law, American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubble
- Super Lawyer Designation, MN Law Politics
- AV Attorney Rating, Martindale-Hubble
- Who’s Who in Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Rising Young Star, MN Law Politics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- MN State Bar Association, Member
- MN Italian American Lawyers Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- St. Louis County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- MTLA, Publication Committee, Member
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator, 1991 to Present
- Hennepin County District Court, Minneapolis, MN, Conciliation Court Judge, 1991 to 1999
- Hennepin County, District Court, Hennepin County Court Arbitrator, 1994 to 1999
- Hennepin County, District Court, Ad-Hoc Selection Committee Conciliation Judge Panel, 1995 to 1999
Past Employment Positions
- Cloutier & Musech, Attorney, 1984 to 1990
Pro Bono Activities
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of MN, Member
- Hennepin County Speakers Panel, Member
- Federal Public Defenders Panel, Member
- Iron Mining Association, Board of Directors, 2010-Present
- United Way, Minnesota, Board of Directors, 2010-Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Executive Board, 2008-Present
- First Responder, Biwabik Township, 2000-Present